14/07/2016

Preparing for Star Wars: Celebration

Star Wars: Celebration is right around the corner, but is not the only thing keeping me occupied this week. By the time this post goes live, I should by now have completed my graduation ceremony and be a fully-fledged graduate from Leicester University.

Yay!

Moving back to Star Wars.

Star Wars Celebration is, of course, a big convention which happens every so often pertaining entirely to Star Wars. Since Episode VII was announced, the number has increased several times over: we saw the Celebration in Anaheim last year, whilst this year's takes place in London, and then next year's takes place in Orlando. With a new Star Wars movie every year, I imagine that there will be an accompanying Celebration every year as well.

I'm guessing that 2018's could very well be in central Europe, based on the fact that the 'pattern' so far seems to be America, then Europe, then back to America, and so on and so forth.

Anyway.

I've never gone to a big convention before. Perhaps a little unwisely, I did buy tickets for the entire weekend, although I have since decided to leave early on Sunday due to a friend's birthday meal taking precedence.

Regardless, the schedule looks fun, with guests such as Mark Hamill, Warwrick Davies, and Jeremy Bulloch, as well as talks and costume exhibits pertaining to Rogue One.

Additionally, there's also the Old Republic Community Cantina, which will also be the first ever Community Cantina I've gone to and the first time of being with an entire group of SWtOR players and, of course, some guildies and friends including Shintar of Going Commando. Lots of firsts all-round from my perspective!

I'm hoping to have thought up some questions to ask the powers-that-be in a brief interview-of-sorts if we get the opportunity to come up and speak to them on a one-to-one basis, so if that happens I'll post the results in a post sometime in the next two weeks. I'll certainly be doing a generic "feedback" post on the Celebration experience as a whole as well, so the questions and answers will probably be included in that if they're not enough to form their own post.

We also recently learned that the voice actress for Vaylin, Natasha Loring, will be attending. I'm not sure she understands what she's signed up for, and I sincerely hope that the more KotFE-sceptical attendees keep their various criticisms of her character to themselves...

I am looking forward to the entire ordeal. The true challenge will be seeing whether or not I can resist purchasing something to put on my desk. If the new Black Series Revan is being sold at this juncture, this is a definite must-have from my point-of-view!

No comments:

Post a Comment